Helper handle for my Grizzly bandsaw fence
My Grizzly 17" bandsaw has the optional resaw fence. The body of the fence is cast iron and is quite heavy. It's so heavy that I can't easily slide the fence one-handed with the locking handle. Waxing the front and back rails helped a little, but not much.

By adding this helper handle I can now position the fence with my left hand while holding the workpiece with my right.

A 5/16" hex nut JUST fits in the hollow cavity on the underside. Not even enough room for a washer!

Mike
Mike

I have the same fence and to help it move easier I used Teflon tape on the bottom and now it rides really easy.

You have a nice idea and I will try it too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Likey
Ag
I like it. I've got a Grizzly 17" bandsaw as well, and that handle would make it easier to pick up the heavy fence when I need it. [It sits on the floor behind the bandsaw except when resawing.]