Quick change drill bit set?
The Lowe's Kobalt really suck.
Any good sets out there?
Thanx
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I stock up on driver bits when they are on sale. Often dewalt ones which aren't bad. The worst I have bought were ryobi and the seccond worst have been the pricey milwaukee ones they are especially disappointing regular or impact versions. I have kobalt ones from lowes and they are towards the lower end.

The best out there imo are apex bits. They are aircraft tools and been around a long time and their bits fit the screws very well. As for the quick change part most are all the same.

FYI ace hardware has some of their dewalt driver bits and drill bits for 9.99 this weekend including the 90* driver. I picked up a couple of the 90* units as they are over twice that price at depot. I rarely buy anything from ace but every so often there is something in their flier that's a good deal.
IMHO it's better to have a second drill and use standard bits . the small ones break to easy to buy the quick change style.
I buy jobber bit packs
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
My biggest issue is the QC apparatus itself--it's not holding and the bit/driver fall out.
I returned 2; when the 3rd one did likewise I gave up.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Woodshop said:

IMHO it's better to have a second drill and use standard bits .

Ditto!

DT
These are really good.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Gary G™ said:

Yes to this. I bought a set, and bought at least 3-4 individual bits over time to replace the ones that broke. On some of them the bits fell out, on others the pot metal hex part just shattered. I finally threw the rest of the set away, and went back to individual bits.
Gary G™ said:

I haven't found any that don't. Great idea in theory. The execution...not so much. I'm a two-drill guy for this when the operation is repetitive.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
fredhargis said:

These are really good.

+1 but agree that they are the best quick change but do not perform as well as standard drills in a second drill do
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

fredhargis said:

These are really good.

Yes

Also the Snappy brand work well

Overall I believe the Montana may be lower cost. I've used both with no complaints.

I am positive with the Snappy, but think the Montana also allow you to swap drill bits in case of dull, or broken bits. That also allows you to use a higher quality bit than you will usually find in a product such as this, so drilling while still being able to countersink, as well as separate tools do is easily doable.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW