So who said "bigger is always better?"
A " gathering of the clan".....a few of them anyway.... I have a passion for small, precision layout tools and have had some of these for more than 40 years...but as small as these are, there's always room for more!!!!

I like hammers also, and have a few tiny French made ball peins..The little silversmithing hammer at the top of the photo is one I made about 40 years ago and it started the obsession!!!!!

Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Hammers.......Third from the left is a saddle-maker's hammer..It has a hollow handle containing six split needles for stitching saddles and harnesses. The ball peen hammer on the left is inscribed "from George to Elisa, Class of 1903"...... it's apparently shop made, and the machine work is beautiful...

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Hmm... our 12th anniversary is coming up. Wonder what she'd say if I gave her a ball peen hammer?

Matt
mdhills said:

Hmm... our 12th anniversary is coming up. Wonder what she'd say if I gave her a ball peen hammer?

Matt

I don't know what my boss would say, but I am pretty sure what she would peen with it.
BontzSawWorks.net
Is this a closet gloat??

If it is you mightily purse your lips and pull in real hard.

Trying to be PC

Nice stuff Jack
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
George sure knew how to get to a girl's heart. None of this flowers and chocolates stuff. A good shop hammer will beat those any time...if you've got the right girl.

Nice stuff. Where did you find the little adjustable bevels?
Quote:

Where did you find the little adjustable bevels?

I don't remember Bill, but I probably got them at different times at tool meets. I usually go right for the machinist tools..Neither of the bevels have a maker's mark but both appear to be factory made.

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack - I really like the way you think. I have a thing for small scale stuff as well & collect hammers...the little ones are my fav.
Those are some mighty fine examples
Thanks for sharing!
David
My pleasure, David!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack

I do believe you make the quote of "bigger is always better" Did you forget?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.