router bit in shaper
I had excellent results with a freud quadra cut classic ogee bit (1/2" shank) spinning at 8000 rpm in my shaper. Its a big big shaper (3ph 5hp Baldor reliance driving a crazy tilting spindle drive setup with a MT4 to ER32 spindle the size of a bosch colt). Shocked at how well it did with that speed on that small a bit. Guessing extra cutters on the freud bits helped? It was full depth one pass perfect.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've had similar results with the same cutter. Although my delta probably spins a little faster and I probably turned it up a bit with the VFD. Did you slow your feed at all?
I have been using a 5/16" radius Quadra cut bit in a couple of router tables lately, 2-1/2 hp PC 890 and 3-1/4 hp Freud router.

The Quadra Cut bits are really impressive. The "extra" cutters are tilted opposite to the main cutter so the whole bit tends to shear from the faces inward, much like a compression spiral bit is designed to do. The results are VERY clean cuts even across the grain.

I rounded over the corners of an oak recipe box made with 1/4" finger joints. Perfectly smooth cuts all the way road, regardless of grain direction.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I just pushed them through. Not a lick of issue or concern. Was quite amazed at how well it worked. I used the stock compression hold down guard so control was pretty consistent. Fence faces were close to so lots of support for the stock through the cut.

I am going to test it more with some non quadra bits.

Mike why not spin at 10000?

My T1002S's max speed is 8000rpm - shy of adjusting the VFD for more.

ah

I have a Casadei shaper with speeds of 4000,7000,9000,12000
It is only used for raised panels at 7000

I have a cast iron router table with a power feed mounted on it.

I have never tried any of the quadracut bits.

Do you have an ER collet spindle for your Casadei?

No and honestly i dont even know what an ER spindle is.

I do have a router bit collet for my 2700 shapers and i did try some bits years ago at 10000 rpm and was not really impressed with the cut and really slow feed speeds needed to get a decent cut.

The ER collet is a very popular cutting tool clamping system. I just have a spindle for my shaper that holds ER32 collets.

Size:
ER32 Collets 3/64" - 3/4" 1mm-19mm