Milwaukee 5625 goes on strike
My Mil 5625 is my permanent table router. It worked perfectly last time I used it, which was recently. Today, nothing. It's getting juice but won't spin. I checked the owner's manual but don't see any indication of a breaker.

What to check?

Thanks in advance,
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Blow or vacuum all the dust out of it, it might be as simple as that.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Dirty switch or dirty or worn brushes past that I'd ohm out some windings and start to suspect the speed control.
Other sure what the speed controller runs now but back when I bought my router they were around $10. Milwaukee used to be realistic on their parts pricing.
Just out of curiosity is your route one of the ones maid in China?

As you know a couple years ago Milwaukee moved some manufacturing to China.

The reason ask is I had a less the 2 year old Milwaukee 18 volt fuel drill go up in smoke when I pulled the switch and it was under no load at the time.

I replaced that drill with the exact same drill and the chuck won't stay tightened down. I'll be working with the drill or just walking around the shop and the drill bit will just fall out onto the floor.

I wonder it this it the future of Milwaukee tools.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
ruffcutt said:

I wonder if this it the future of Milwaukee tools.

Man I hope not! Milwaukee is one of my favorite brands.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks everyone. I'll try your suggestions when I get a chance, probably this weekend. Robert, do you know what the resistance is supposed to be?

ruffcutt, I bought it in 2005.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Don't know what it should be. I would just look for open and shorts. I'm hoping it's just a dirty switch as that's pretty common. Fine dust gets in there easily and sticks to the grease etc... It's rare to have a problem with the windings or armature. Switch brushes then speed controller
Thanks everyone! Compressed air is a wonderful thing. The router is working again.
Best,
Aram, always learning

I'm assuming the switch was gunned up. I haven't had much luck with the sealed versions being sealed and keeping dust out. Hat super fine dust gets in no matter what.
Robert Adams said:

I'm assuming the switch was gunned up. I haven't had much luck with the sealed versions being sealed and keeping dust out. Hat super fine dust gets in no matter what.

Seems likely. Still, ten years without a hitch isn't much of a concern to me. I'll probably clean it more frequently now, but she's been a workhorse.
Best,
Aram, always learning