Chinese Furinture Factory
China has a reputation for producing cheap and low quality products. Came across a video on YouTube of a Chinese factory that produces traditional Rosewood furniture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xTriHjRIe8
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Thanks. That was interesting. She needs to work on her tool identification, though.
Ken
Interesting that they used packing tape on the tongues of panels to act as a lubricant. Wonder how long that technique will last.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I like the clawless claw hammer around the six minute mark. Chinese steel no doubt.

My sister used to live in Taiwan and had Rosewood custom furniture made which she then brought back here when she returned to the US. It's red wood but it isn't what we would call rosewood if we went to a specialty lumber yard.
How many safety violations can you count. I believe an inspector from OSHA would have a stroke.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
The worker at the 2:20 mark making mortises looks like an office guy who just stepped out of the office to only make one mortise for only the purpose of the video.

From what I saw, they were using good M & T joints, ie good strong assemblies. Not IKEA.
Thanks for sharing.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
http://www.carvingmastersinc.com/#

We can still compete in the good ole USA too! I do not know how well they are doing, but they seem to be surviving. These folks only do the carving though. It is machine carved, and not hand carved. I suspect they know the names of the tools and they wear safety equipment (PPE)
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
The bare feet gotm to me. I can't imagine working in a furniture factory barefoot!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...