Gotch ya
Sometime ago there was a post about the DW618 switch. Seems several guys had problems, well I was counting my blessings because I had had no problems. That changed yesterday.

So the question is: does a new switch fix the problem for good? Or is it time to change brands?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Switch or variable speed go out?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I "assumed" it is the switch. I turned it on and off many times until it came on. It worked fine for another 15 or so operations then stopped. The LED lights came on every time but the motor did not. OK.... I just realized the switch must be working.

In the mean time, I have taken it to the DeWalt repair shop in Dallas.
Bill Holt said:

The LED lights came on every time....

Is this perhaps a DW611 instead of a DW618?
Yep no leds on a 618 and that rocker swtch seems lousy on the 611 that has leds.

Yes, it is the 611.
Please let us know how that one goes and final cost. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Dewalt router issues I have read about have mostly been about the 618 which is a larger 2.25hp router. The magnetic speed disc shatters.