Little jointer
I have a 12" jointer . Been wanting a small 6" one for ease. I usually work wood 6' or less. Will this one serve my needs , or is it just to small ? I have a motor and stand for it. It also looks as though the outfeed side is solid . I would assume the infeed has gibs with witch to make it parallel. Is it a waste of time and little money?

I can see snipes paint job on it

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Width is one thing and length is another. The bed length on that 6'' jointer looks a little short to me.
Of course than depend on your projects and how long of stock you work with. It would be to short for my liking.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
You can't argue much about the price, but you need a motor and a belt, and assemble a stand so that you can put the motor under the pulley. When you add in all those costs, you are left with a jointer that looks like there is no adjustment to the outfeed table. That means you need to set the knives all at the same height, and at the exactly correct height in relation to the outfeed. If you read JGrout's advice on setting the outfeed table, you can see how important a few thousands can be. As best I can tell, on that jointer, you can't adjust the outfeed, so it would be a no go for me. BTW, you are the first person in the history of Woodnet that wanted a narrower jointer, nearly everyone wants wider. I have a 12 inch and have never felt the extra width was any problem. I move the fence from back to front fairly regularly to even out the wear on the knives, but other than the cost of the knives and the time it takes to get them set, I don't see any advantage to a narrower jointer.
I also don't see a guard. I think if you are patient, you can find a better deal in the long run.
My big jointer is 6". I couldn't pass this up for $15. 4" Atlas Press, circa 1950. On a stand, no motor or wiring. I had that stuff, bought some evapo rust and a link belt. This is in my basement where I do most of what I do, the other is in the garage. I gotta move 2 cars to use it. For me, it's worth it. You can probably find a manual for it.

" />
fishhh4 said:

... Been wanting a small 6" one for ease ...

I'm not quite sure what "ease" is associated with 6" jointers. Maybe carring it down the stairs I think you would find that short bed makes things more difficult. I'd pass
My only jointer is a 6" Ryobi (made in Japan, when they made decent stuff) benchtop.

I had planned on using a planer with sled for "face-jointing" stock, but for small pieces that was just too time consuming. So I bought this Ryobi.

The bed is about 40" long. I can do a pretty decent job on pieces 5-6' long.

It is more serviceable than I expected.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
For years my only jointer was a 4" Delta with a 27" long bed (in my opinion, one of the finest 4" jointers ever made). I routinely edge jointed pieces that were 5 feet long with no problems.

Technique is the key to joining long pieces on a short bed jointer.

Greg
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
What make and model is your 12" jointer?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Sorry ...late getting back. The jointer on CL is a 4" . I wanted to get a 6" . I had a line on a really nice rigid for 250 last winter , but it sold before I could get it. Was just wandering whether the small one would fit my needs when I did not care to drag out the big one. For cutting boards , jewelry box's ... etc. ....etc
To Arlin;
Sydney 12" 2 hp 60" beds. Not that big, but is it heavy. Gotta turn on the 3 phase to run it . I run plenty of big stock on it.
If the small one is still there when I get home . I am probably going to get it. I already have a motor , switch. and stand. Nice little project for ME this winter. The solid out feed I Think I can deal with . I am pretty good at setting knives.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.