Piano hinge
I am looking for a piano hinge I can use to put two boards together and have only the knuckle visible. What I an doing is making a "book" and want a piano hinge so it's attached on the covers not the back. I can find the one at attaches to the back w/o a problem. So basically I'm looking for a long normal hinge.

TIA
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
There is lots of ways to put two boards together. Which way you doing it?
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Check marine supply places. They have pretty much every configuration they make. If I am reading you correctly you are looking for a piano hinge where the leaves are L shaped? I have a few, but they're aluminum. I am sure they would be available in Stainless and plain steel also. They do come with different offsets too.
Try here:

web page

Good service.
Grainger has a very wide variety of piano hinges.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
It's like a book. I want the knuckle to be visible on the outside and the part to attach is inside the book. So the only thing visible would be the knuckle. It has to open flat. I know they make them just haven't been able to find them. When the book is closed the screws will be facing each other and the bright brass is also facing each other. When the book is open the bright brass is showing.
John

We need to clean house.
John Mihich said:

It's like a book. I want the knuckle to be visible on the outside and the part to attach is inside the book. So the only thing visible would be the knuckle. It has to open flat. I know they make them just haven't been able to find them. When the book is closed the screws will be facing each other and the bright brass is also facing each other. When the book is open the bright brass is showing.

Yes I think I understand. But I also think you are wanting to put a standard Continuous/piano Hinge backwards and that will never work .
The " knuckle" has to be up not down for it to work like a book
lying flat as in this picture

Probably the hinge you already have or.... I am completely wrong and that is not at all what you want.

link
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-.../202034027

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Yes that is not what I want. I know they make them. I am going to use some longer non mortise hinge. I installed them yesterday and they look just fine. Daughter okayed the look. I will post a pic of this project when done.
John

We need to clean house.
You should be able to do this with a std. piano hinge. this link shows using a hinge with one bent side in the configuration you want. You are essentially looking at the back side of the barrel. Maybe it doesn't close absolutely flat but pretty darn close.

Rockler hinge