Any Rockwell Invicta 22-650 planer owners here?
I picked up a Rockwell Invicta 22-650 13" planer at a yard sale today.
Can't find an owners manual, with adjustments, etc. I tried OWWM.
Anyone here have one or info on adjustments, gear box oil, etc?
It seems alike a heavily built planer.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
That's pretty much the same planer as the Delta 13", which was later enlarged to 15". You can find that stuff under the Delta name. Parts manual and the instruction manual. There's been several posts over the years about the gear oil. No need to fret yoo much, just use a good grade gear oil from any auto store, should take about 16-18 fl. ozs (IIRC), and having one of these with a piece of tubing about 6" long on the end makes it lot easier to get the oil in. I used Mobil One synthetic, but any 90 weight gear oil is going to do great. It is a heavily built planer, and will plane wood all day with nary a complaint. There's chains and sprockets under the table you might want to oil as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred, Just wondering if you have the Invicta 22-650.
Looking at the parts, and instruction manuals you linked to, it seems they are basicly the same, but, different.
The instruction manual shows a large shift lever, and the parts manual doesn't show it. Mine doesn't have it.
Mine does have a 3/8" +/- shaft coming out of the bottom of the gear box, that according to parts diagram, should have a knob on it. My knob is missing. They call the shaft a clutch shaft. Thinking this might disengage the feed rollers. Can't move it without a knob on it.
Also I see what appears to be a drain plug, but no fill plug.
If it wasn't 95+ degrees ( and humidity) in the trailer I have it in, I would start removing parts to find answers.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
I have the newer 15" one. I was trying to get you close, and there were some changes over time. Take a look at this manual and see if it looks more like yours. Bob Vaughn, you out there?????
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have the 22 650 Rockwell-Invicta. 1984 model with the lever to engage feed rollers. Yours a bit newer, or older? The 33 manual is what they gave me.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
It doesn't sound like you have an RC-33 No. 22-651.

It sounds like you have a DC-33 No. 22-661.

http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?p=1116340#p1116340
Mine looks like the 22-651
Picture of gear box below. Main question, is what does the knob (knob mia on mine) At the bottom of the gearbox, does, and should it be moved with machine running or stopped. I think it disengages a gear for the rollers. In which case it would have to be running.
" />
Mines a 1982 model.
In the diagram below it looks like the shaft # 216 (with knob # 219) moves gear # 210, on it's shaft, to engage/disengage gear # 207.
Wish I could find an operation manual for this model. All I find is the one for the model with the large lever for feed control.
Or a person who has this model or had one.
" />
Does it look like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELTA-Rockwell-R...=item43ae448098
That looks the same as mine.
Good to know I can get one.
Thanks