Glen Huey's Secretary
For those that have finished this piece, what is the glueing procedure for the gallery? I'm at the point of glueing on the top to the base unit, but wanted to be sure on what/how to glue all of the pieces/parts of the gallery. Thanks,
Don't glue the top on until everything is fitted.
The bottom panel gets glued first which is tricky to clamp due to the width.
I think I glued the two vertical pieces that go on either side of the prospect box. Then I glued in all the horizontal pieces then the vertical pieces.

Hope this helps.
On the curved piece that the gallery sits on (basically, the bottom of the gallery), did you just glue the front portion on top of the desktop. I assume that's all one should do due to wood movement. Are all of the gallery pieces small enough where they can all be glued in their dados, or should I worry about movement in them as well (e.g. , the drawer dividers, cubby hole dividers, etc.)? Thanks for the advice/help.
I only glued the front 2" of the foot board (think thats what it is called) which makes clamping hard unless you have some long reach clamps. I used screws along the back from below. I think I only glued the front inch or so for all the dividers. Sould not take much glue to hold everything together.
Thanks Scoony. I shall press on!