roadkill
This is a piece of oak I picked up a while back. It was old, gray, cracked, and weathered. It was already dry and had been laying out in the elements many years. It was interesting though so I grabbed it and recently gave it a turn. It was so dry and hard that my HSS did not like it much. The outside was easier to turn than the hollowing. I was spending way too much time at the grinder. About half way done inside, I purchased a carbide cutter and made a holder for it for my home made hollowing rig. Worked easier. Kind of looks like an old found relic with all its flaws. Wanted to leave some of what the outside looked like in the piece. 10 1/2" tall.

beautiful!
Steve K

Very nice piece of oak. I haven't seen grain like that in oak, especially in the second photo. Good job.
Tim.
Seven days without turning makes one weak.
Nice form, well done.
Well done!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
That's a very pleasing shape and one helluva chunk of oak.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
That is Fantastic!!!!

Some day I will have a vehicle of my own and drive myself and pick some up.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well done! It's beautiful.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.