Good deal on Delta 18-900L drill press
Home Depot online selling these for $799 until 9/30.

I know people have mixed opinions on Delta, and parts availability can be a problem (not sure if resolved), but that being said this is one of the best woodworking drill presses available. I love mine and paid a fair bit more. My favorite features are the 6" quill travel, an excellent table that tilts in two axes, and a pretty decent laser and led work light. The speed change is also fairly painless. Runout on mine is 0.001.

I purchased mine about two years ago from HD (for much more) and had it shipped to store, where the folks were awesome with helping me load it - they forklifted it into my SUV.

Anyways, just passing along the deal for any that may be interested.
That's a hell of a deal. I concurr with the OP and I love mine too. One of my favorite machines in my shop.

Johnet
I concur with the first two posts. As for parts, Delta shows some 'out of stock' but no way of telling if this is typical, temporary, or the beginning of the end. I'm optimistic that the streamlined product line will get Delta near the top of the industry again ... in time.

Parts
See ya later,
Bill
I have to admit that's a tempting deal.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

I have to admit that's a tempting deal.

We expect pictures by Wednesday.
See ya later,
Bill
I went to Home Depot website and I don't see the $799 price. Mine shows $1029.99.
Happiness Is: Seeing that brown truck pull up in front of the house.
Must be in Ca. only mine says $ 1029.99
I think the deal has expired. I saw the discounted price mentioned the day it was posted; didn't see it yesterday.

Matt
I was on HDs website looking at a drum sander a couple days ago and delta was having a 20% of sale on select tools. The delta drum sander I bought was only 15% and when I asked a representative about why it was only 15%, instead of 20%, they told me the drum sander wasn't part of the delta sale. The drum sander sale runs through the end of the month though. Maybe the DP was part of the 20% sale or had it's own temporary sale like the DS. I checked the website too and see it at the full price.

Bob
Yep, looks like it expired early guys...sorry! Hope at least someone was able to take advantage.