Cherry & Koa box
Well, the annual box show is coming up so I finally had the last year's boxes photographed. Here is the first one.

Description:
This box is all made from an ornamental Cherry tree that was rescued from a neighbors yard.. The top panel and trim is a highly figured Koa. Being a type of Cherry, the box will darken with age and sunlight. The dimensions are approx. 6"x4"x3.5" tall. The box was finished with shellac applied with a French polish technique on the outside and the whole thing buffed out with Caranuba wax. Hinges are made by Brusso and are self stopping at 90°. This box is incredibly beautiful as the top shimmers with a golden hue when moved in the light. The liner is a synthetic suede material.
$125

As Always,
Gecko
http://www.geckosboxes.com
Great box and beautiful wood.

Bob
Really like the edges/corners.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Always look forward to seeing your latest creations and never disappointed!
Stupid is forever, ignorant can be transitory.
Well done as always. Beautiful box
Mark
First rate execution; smaller things are more difficult to make well.
The margin for error is also reduced.

I'm on the fence about the beveled reveal under the lid, and the hinges which will probably last several lifetimes - any pictures indoors?

The hinges are robust, in proportion to the box height.

No quibbles with the grain choice or finish - better than I can do!
Thanks all.
The edge treatment is a good way to cover up miter corners that don't close nicely. In this case though, it was only for looks.
No indoor pictures. The lady who shot these looks at things with a photographer's eye. I wanted indoor neutral background shots but didn't tell her that. I figured she would remember from the last shoot. Oh well. They still look way better than I could do.
As Always,
Gecko
http://www.geckosboxes.com
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."