Need a New Dining Table? Berdoll Sawmill!!
How about a pecan slab, the state tree of Texas!

WOW!

AWESOME!!!!

I couldn't get it in my shop.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
My oh my oh my. Sweet!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Gary G™ said:

My oh my oh my. Sweet!

Take another look after it's dried and cracked/bowed all to hell and back.

Maybe those guys know what they're doing... but there used to be plenty of folks in south Texas with a Woodmizer that didn't. One of the several reasons I pretty much quit working mesquite.
KC said:

[blockquote]Gary G™ said:

My oh my oh my. Sweet!

Maybe those guys know what they're doing... but there used to be plenty of folks in south Texas with a Woodmizer that didn't. One of the several reasons I pretty much quit working mesquite.

[/blockquote]

The slab is pecan, and like most any wood, properly dried mesquite is very stable. The commercial slab sellers air dry for several months, then kiln dry, before flattening.

This live oak table in my dining room has remained extremely flat since I built it a year ago.

Bill Holt said:

AWESOME!!!!

I couldn't get it in my shop.

IN! I couldn't get it TO my shop.
Danny in Houston said:

[blockquote]KC said:

[blockquote]Gary G™ said:

My oh my oh my. Sweet!

[/blockquote]

The slab is pecan, and like most any wood, properly dried mesquite is very stable. The commercial slab sellers air dry for several months, then kiln dry, before flattening.

This live oak table in my dining room has remained extremely flat since I built it a year ago.

[/blockquote]

I know it's pecan... which in my experience is ruined by inexperienced sawyers probably even worse than mesquite.
Looking at their web page they do have a lot of large Pecan slabs for sale, all air dried for a year, then kiln dried. Once they can get them down to ~8% in one piece, and then machine out any warp or cupping, the final slab should be pretty stable.

But yes it can be one of the more tricky woods to dry without degrade, so easy to ruin by trying to dry it too fast.

I suspect that slab in the picture will develop some checking along the centre, probably end up needing some butterflies and resin. But that's not unusual.

I notice they don't have prices posted. I suspect it's a case of, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.