Bevel Gauges
Cleaning up some old tools tonight and ran across one made by Woodrow & McPharlin from Cincinnati. I know about their saws, but didn't know they made bevel gauges. Has anyone else encountered one by W & M?

Richard
Richard, we need photos.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Boatman53 said:

Richard, we need photos.
Jim

Here you go!

Richard
Nice design. I"ve never seen one quite like that, although my experience is limited. I like how the stock is beveled on the thumbscrew side to make room for fingers.

I've been surprised to find that lots of makers that we think of for one tool made, or at least sold, lots of others as well. I've got several non-saw Disston tools: try square, marking gauge, and a level (thanks for reminding me, Admiral!).
Disston made anything they could sell, clearly all manner of saws, but also all kinds of mason's trowels, post hole diggers, hedge and grass shears, squares and gauges, screwdrivers, files and even levels. I see them from time to time from vendors at fleas who are from the Philadelphia area who do house cleanouts.

They had a great business, but the later generations got lazy and failed to innovate, and what they did innovate upon they got wrong.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have one just like it. -w