Well done Sir
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
MSRiverdog said:

[blockquote]Yetloh said:

What, no dovetails?

V. nice.

Jim

Lock miter corners had to do, got lazy about the DT's, would have had to change my routers and Leigh Jig settings. Picked up another Leigh Jig the other day, $150, D4 like new so I don't have that problem again.

[/blockquote]

Nothing, nothing wrong with lock miters.
Nice job!
Ag
I like it!

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Quite impressive!
See ya later,
Bill
A question if you don't mind. Each one of your drawers appears to be a different height. In the open position, they really, really look good. When I change sizes, they look "awkward" for some reason. How did you go about determining the height? A formula, just looking at it, or some other secret?
Cameron Hood
newbiewoodworker said:

A question if you don't mind. Each one of your drawers appears to be a different height. In the open position, they really, really look good. When I change sizes, they look "awkward" for some reason. How did you go about determining the height? A formula, just looking at it, or some other secret?

I punted like always, top 5 are 2 3/4 high, middle 2 are about 4 inches, bottom 2 are about 5 inches high. I started with a drawing and what Emily basically wanted for her jewelry tools then just added an inch for the others. Looked good on paper so that is what happened. Let your eyes tell you, does it flow. Start with your overall size, make boxes on paper until you like it. I always spend time thinking about the designs, then make a good pencil drawing to scale, make changes if it doesn't look right and then start on a cut list. I also keep in mind the Golden Mean but I'm not a math guy and get confused. Plans? Nope. Don't need no stinkin' plans.
I've been asked for plans for some of my stuff and it's on the to-do list for this winter. Now if I can learn SketchUp things will be good.

Buy the way, the 2 boards across the at the 3/4 and 8/9 drawer spots are mortised into the sides, behind that is a piece of 1/4 inch plywood rabbeted to fit tight into the them to make sure it never racks. Back is solid floating panel African and is not fastened to the plywood panel. Quarter sawn African has very little movement so it should be fine over the years

I really like that. Tools????? though????
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Jim, it's beautiful work, but don't you think it would serve you better inside the shop instead of the backyard?
Danno

Creston Wood
digidan said:

Jim, it's beautiful work, but don't you think it would serve you better inside the shop instead of the backyard?

6 coats of Waterlox, should weather just fine.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
I like how you made it it is very well done. I really like the wood to. Is it easy to work with or how easy to turn?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.