Baby Crib paint
So I am finishing up my first baby crib and this is for grandbaby #3. This is the Wood's Magizine 3 in 1 crib.

Daughter is not picky at all but she is thinking some sort of white. I have used White Dove for cabinets, but not sure I want to finish the crib in such a bright white.

I am considering either an antique white milk paint top coated with a waterbased poly or a SW/BM paint in an off white color.

Don't plan on distressing or glazing, just a nice clean finish, also, I would like to spray the finish.

I do have a can of Bin primer on hand so will most likly prime first.

Looking for sugestions for something locally available either through SW, BM, or Woodcraft.

What would you use?
It depends. All most all finishes that you can buy as a non-business are non-toxic when cured (dry).
That being said I'd try for an essentially food grade finish..
The classic is Bee's wax and MO sightly darkens the wood.
Use shellac and tint with food coloring white this works but I hope that you have a wholesale source. (You can use a quick coat of shellac then dust with TiO2 to get a white but I've never tried that).
Make your own milk paint then topcoat with shellac or not.

Use something else non-toxic IS NOT food safe,
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
as a follow up, I ended up going with Sherwin Williams Pro Classic, but I got the Waterbased Latex instead of the Acrylic-alkyd enamel. Did not realize it until after the first coat. I used the acrylic-alkyd in the past for a piece of furniture and really liked it. I hope this will hold up because I really dont have the time to strip and repaint. I have used that paint on trim and it seems to hold up fine.

I have a Earlex 2901 that I got to paint some cabinets and it sprayed BM cabinet coat just fine, but I could not get it to spray the proclassic even after thinning a bit.

Ended up brushing and it did fine and everything looks good, just took much longer then it should have. I have a few more things to finish up, but the crib should be ready to deliever by the end of the week.
WB ProClassic seems pretty hard and durable to me on a couple of projects I've used it on, but you really need an airless or air assisted HVLP to spray it. I had to thin it 18% to spray it through a 1.8 mm HVLP gun. Came out OK, but I will find a different solution next time.

Glad it turned out OK. Pics always appreciated.

John
I have some base cap molding that I am going to paint pink and make a diamond detail for the headboard. Daughter has seen the crib, but dosn't know I adding the diamond detail. I will post pics once it is completed.