New entertainment center completed
Looks great. I love both the natural color and the darker top/base. Also like the notches and modification to the lower drawer for cables.
Hey Mike:

Your photo fixed worked.

Also, GREAT JOB!!!

I really like what you built and will keep in mind the modifications (power stip and cable notches, top overhang in the back, ...)

Thanks for sharing!

-Brian
Love that board that spans three drawers.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Looks great! The planning you put into it is obvious, very well thought out. I haven't seen many of these in ash. Any reason you chose it specifically? Local maybe?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Even after staring at it for a few days I am still happy with it.

Regarding why ash, no specific reason other than I wanted a break from cherry/maple/mahogany/oak/pine and had not used ash before. I'd use it again, it was nice to work with both hand and power tools.

Best....Mike
The contrast of the two colors is perfect! Really stands out because the stores have nothing like that.. The 4K 65" Sony is going to be perfect up there.
Thanks for posting. I just got a 70" TV and am contemplating what to do for a center.
Jim
That looks GREAT! Great job!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Excellent.

One thing I didn't like about the Woodsmith Entertainment center was the doors. Great choice on changing that to drawers.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
That came out great. Love the wood choice, contrast between top and case. Hardware is a good match. And I agree on the Arm-R-Seal. I find it easy to wipe on and get a reasonably even finish.
Nice work!
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Nice piece !
Cheers

Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr