Real men like pink.
Pink Ivory, that is. To those who are not able to crawl out of that 18th Century box....You may wish to avert your eyes. This may be painful. Pink Ivory is a very hard and brittle wood, but works very well and finishes nicely.
12" tooth line x 3" under spine x 0.025". 13ppi, 8* rake, 0* fleam.

So go ahead and burn me at the stake for heresy if you so desire, but I shall not cease until all see that the earth is round and not flat. Best wishes.
BontzSawWorks.net
Gorgeous! Love the spine, too. Excellent work, sir!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Oh my. That is fantastic.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Looks great, but that is more of a pinkish red.
Scott W said:

Oh my. That is fantastic.

+1
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Ron

I think that looks fantastic. I did not know it grew that big.

I have been wanting some for a project a lady wants me to make for her and all I see is 2x2 stuff.

She wants it to have me make her daughter who has breast cancer and I told her I would do it for free but not pink ivory in the 3x3 or better 4x4 range.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
GNP said:

Looks great, but that is more of a pinkish red.

I ran out of hot pink. It is a color shifter anyway. Some day it will look brownish pink.

Arlin,
The larger pieces slabs, etc. are hard to find without a lot of defects in it. Sometimes you do see smaller pieces on E bay for sale.
BontzSawWorks.net
Beautiful work. Esp. like the medallion, or label screw, as well as the common screw. And a lefty . The handle is very nice.

Eric
I think it should be called root beer ivory
How is the balance? Does the weight of the spine make it feel nose heavy or is it an advantage?

Carl