Best mid-range oscillating multi-tool??
The LOML has "suggested" that I need to re-grout the tile in her kitchen. The area in question is about 10 ft. square, not a big deal, but big enough. Are there any suggestions on mid-range multi-tools such as RIGID, P-C, DeWalt, etc. that will also be durable enough to keep as a decent tool for cabinet-work and other woodworking projects once I'm done with the Kitchen
FEIN!

JMO & YMWV
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I've been happy with my Bosch. My FIL has been happy with his Rockwell.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I'll probably be flamed, but...I've been happy with my Harbor Freight (The variable speed, not the mega cheep single speed)
Bob
+1 on HF - not mid range - in fact with a 20% coupon it's down right cheap. Mine is about 5 yo - works just great. It is noisy but does what it suppose to do.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I had the Dremel that I bought from CPO reconditioned for $49.00. Worked very well for the occasional use I put it to over 3-4 years. I needed to re-grout my kitchen floor. Bigger than 10x10, but it did not even make it through that much!

There is a big difference between cutting the occasional base board and digging up several hundred lineal feet of grout. A 10x10 section made from 12" tiles means about 1000 lineal feet to chew through.

I replaced it with the basic Fein kit I got at the Borg for $150 (IIRC) and that finished the 10 x 24 kitchen without issue and is still going strong.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I had a HF model to start with. After it's first job, the shaft busted on it. I didn't realize it until I needed it again. Then it was out of warranty.
I replaced it with the Lowe's Rockwell kit.
I have used it quite a lot and it works great.
Lee
Most all of them work well. Best bang for the buck for one is the porter cable at lowes right now for $50. The harborfreight one is fine but no quick change.I have one of the hf ones and abused it on sites and still works fine thouh I'd like one with quick change blades.

The porter cable one is the same as the dewalt except the dw has variable speed. I haven't found a need for variable speed yet. My milwaukee has it but I just leave it at full speed

FYI I just picked up a bunch of blades for mine today at lumber liquidators. They have them on clearance and I paid 1-2$ each for them. Wood cutting and carbide blades.
+1 on the Bosch, mine has done yeoman's work for 4 years now, well made.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
according the Lowes website the PC is up to $80 now.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark