Screen window slack - ideas?
Getting stink bugs into a patio room, from there they get into the main house. Just found out how they are getting into the patio, the window screens are loose on the sides, giving enough of a gap to allow them to squeeze in.

My idea is to use latex caulk to close up the gap. Any cons to this?
Any other ideas?
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
Yes caulk would work, but it's almost permanent. There is a product in a caulk tube called Seal and Peel. When you want to remove the screen, the material will pull off in a long string.
Found it a HD, thanks!
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
I had no stink bugs for the first 15 years I lived in my house. Then they showed up everywhere (in the car dealer too). I sprayed and sealed the screens and a few always managed to get in. The only good thing about stink bugs (aside from that they don't bite) is that they are slow and easy to kill.

But they have seemed to disappear for these last 3 or 4 years. I think they come in cycles.

My suggestion is to do the best you can with sealing and then just wait them out.

You might be able to just press in some light cord if you don't want to permanently seal the screens in place.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks. We've had them for years, seem to be dying off the last few, then this year, wham! Dozens on the screens and front door. I like Peter's idea of the Peel and Seal as a way to seal the screens, then remove it if needed. We haven't removed the screens in the 15 years we've had the patio room, the two holes were easily fixed with screen patch.
Mike