55 Gallon Drum Size
The local Boy Scout camp has asked me to provide stands for burn barrels. They will be cutting 55 gallon drums in half. Does anyone know what the standard diameter and the tolerance is for a standard 55 gallon drum?
22.5 x 33.5

On the thicker welded lip it is 23 x 34.5
Wood'N'Scout said:

The local Boy Scout camp has asked me to provide stands for burn barrels. They will be cutting 55 gallon drums in half. Does anyone know what the standard diameter and the tolerance is for a standard 55 gallon drum?

Make sure that the adult supervision knows the dangers of cutting barrels. A barrel you think is clean may have enough fumes to explode and kill you. This is not an exaggeration, nor a phenomenally rare event, it happens all too often. And it's not just barrels with gasoline or diesel sloshing around in them. Any volatile organic compound can be dangerous. I read about an accident not too long ago in which the barrel contents had been wintergreen oil. A kid in shop class was cutting it open and was killed.