Been rehabbing and testing a few Foley machines - Videos!
Over the past several months, I've been rehabbing, fixing, and tuning up a few Foley machines that I've picked up. It's been fun and a mechanical challenge in that replacement parts are almost impossible to source. A few bodges, but nothing too untenable. Overall, I'm thrilled with the results.

Here's a few videos, but don't be too harsh on me. These tests were done with a pretty worn file and a rough saw plate. I also have a saw setter machine that I'll be working on tomorrow. Crossing my fingers on that one as I don't have much to go on.

Anyway, here's the vids:

First, the Foley Model 32000 retoother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFthQD-L8c

and the Foley Model 387 Automatic Saw Filer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShdOO8vaiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLIDL8llGE
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I just saw these in person and I still watched the videos. So cool to see these things and how they work!
Looks like fun Greg!!!!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Nice to see a box of parts put to good use! Hope some of the contents were in the video.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Great video. Thanks for posting.
Nice work Greg. Looks like a great time.

So Greg, how did the tests with the power setter go?
Outstanding, Joe. Much easier than I was expecting. That is the only one of the machines that I had never used previously, and it worked like a dream.

I did one saw, from start to finish this morning (retoothing, setting, filing)and it cut perfectly. I even ruined a shirt when I bumped the plate as I was reinstalling the handle and the saw got a grip on the shirt and ripped out a bunch of threads.

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Great video's and you did an outstanding job of putting them all together.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

Outstanding, Joe. Much easier than I was expecting. That is the only one of the machines that I had never used previously, and it worked like a dream.

I did one saw, from start to finish this morning (retoothing, setting, filing)and it cut perfectly. I even ruined a shirt when I bumped the plate as I was reinstalling the handle and the saw got a grip on the shirt and ripped out a bunch of threads.

What amount (as in how little and how repeatable) of set is possible?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin