Need help with finish on the cabinets
I sprayed my cabinets with lacquer and I am having a problem with the finish on the cabinet next to my dishwasher; it is turning white. I believe my problem is opening the dishwasher while it is still hot and steamy; this I have to stop.
What do I do now to correct the problem? Do I sand and refinish? Is there a better finish than lacquer, in this situation.

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Yes, I think the steam from the dishwasher is the root of the problem. Plain lacquer is not a good choice for kitchen cabinets. I think you're best off stripping the finish off with chemical stripper, then refinish with a more durable topcoat. A pre or post cat lacquer would be better, or better yet a conversion varnish. Personally, however I would use EnduroVar. Pretty easy to spray and very durable.

John
Politics 
I agree with John! Both Endurovar or Crystlac PolyOx would be good.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
It will be difficult to strip. The part that is exposed, can I sand, seal with shellac and then top coat it?
Worth a try, should work OK. Just don't run the dishwasher until the EnduroVar is cured ~72 hours.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Herb,

You have moisture trapped in the finish. This is common if the steam vent hits a wood edge laminate counter top edge. A steam pot for tea and such will do the same thing to the bottom of the cabinets if boiling directly underneath it. It won't happen immediately but with repeated use it will happen.

If the cause can be remedied and you don't want to strip it, you could try spraying rattle can lacquer retarder on it to see if the moisture will release with normal clarity returning. This is what I would do. If this is going to be on ongoing problem, you will just be chasing your tail with the retarder. If you do use the retarder, be aware that the lacquer will be "open" and wet again. Try a light coat at first and see if it works. You may need to try it more than once. If the lacquer is heavy and on a vertical surface, it could also sag but I haven't had this happen to me. Hope this helps.