Kitchen Cabinet Installation: What it looks like all done
Remember the kitchen install I did a couple of months ago where the floor and walls ran way out? Well, here's what it looks like now that it's all done.

I also built the stair balustrade you see in the last photo. The owners are very happy with how it all turned out.

John
Turned out nice. What wood and finish was the doors? Odd little nook next to that sliding door.
Well done...really turned out nice.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
They were maple cabinets from ? through Home Depot. They were pretty well made for factory cabinets and the soft close slides and hinges (but not clip on) worked well enough. Can't remember the name of the finish either, but it was some kind of colored lacquer. The color was pretty dark but works well with the rest of the house. The finish was pretty well done and had a nice matt sheen which I liked. The cabinets were a month late being delivered and then two of them were badly damaged. One I actually repaired and used so we could complete the cabinet install in time for the countertop guys to do there template work. That was another screw up and they had to make a couple of the pieces 3 times before they got it right even though (or maybe because of) they used a laser layout system. That little alcove next to the sliding door is a bit odd, as you pointed out, but I think it was the best the designer could do with it using stock cabinets.
Not bad at all for hd cabinets. I'm doing cherry for ours and loml doesn't understand that cherry is not red and won't be for a long time... Blo and some sun on them helps a little and got the ok...

The spot next to the door looks fine just odd framing decision when the house was built.

Countertop is my next project... if it wasn't for the one inside corner I would buy slabs and cut to length myself.
Look on youtube for the inside corner. I was cutting up granite today to set in a deep window opening. I am tired of tenants putting stuff in there are ruining the paint so granite should make it less of a maintenance issue. The inside corner usually involves running prefab into the corner with a 45 cut at where they meet and square cuts after that. The tricky part is cutting off the prefab bullnose on the piece that gets the 45. Best tool I have found for it is an angle grinder before you cut the square cut because if you get a bit messy it can still be hidden with the following cut
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That really came out great!
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24