What is your go to finish to spray?
Hey guys, just entering into the world of spraying finish. I've used GF's EF water based poly and loved it but the high price tag makes me look for other options. I have a local Sherwin Williams which I can usually get good deals at, was thinking of trying out one of their lacquers.

Anyway, would love some feedback on what finishes you guys use that can be sprayed and recoated quickly.

Thanks in advance
M. L. Campbell MagnaMax pre-cat lacquer
https://www.mlcampbell.com/products/magnamax
What is GF's EF finish? My favorite all around finish is GF's Enduro Clear Poly. It sprays beautifully and is crystal clear. It is very abrasion resistant and is almost as chemically durable as EnduroVar and Arm R Seal.

John
jteneyck said:

What is GF's EF finish?

http://www.rockler.com/general-finishes-...coat-satin
Thanks. I've never seen HP Poly referred to as EF. HP Poly sprays incredibly easily and the UV package is very effective. It's only short coming is that its chemical durability is not adequate for something like a dining room table or kitchen cabinets. But for many applications it's a great product. The price may be a little high but when you consider how many hours you have invested in a project its seems foolish to try to save money on one of the most critical components.

John
I use a lot of shellac as it i easy and can bring up the grain and be used as a tome coat to adjust the color. I like Crystalac and GF waterborne finishes as they are easy to spray with HVLP and are water cleanup.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I spray ML Campbell Klearvar Conversion Varnish on nearly every job. I do, however, use their Krystal Conversion Varnish on commercial jobs for the ultimate in protection.
ML Campbel post-cat Krystal
Target Coatings EM2000 conversion varnish for me.
To answer your question - my favorite finish so far is GF's Enduro Clear Poly. Sprays very easily, is dead clear, is hard and abrasion resistant, is KCMA rated, and cleans up with soap and water. It dries in an hour and can be recoated in two. You can finish a project in one day. It's water based so I can spray it in my basement shop (with exhaust) w/o worry about blowing up the house. Most important - it's beautiful.

John