A Simple Bench Design

A bench I drew up for practice. Seems like an easy enough project. It could make a nice hallway bench or even something for outdoors. The original was designed and built in Mexico.
I wouLd probably use a mortise and tenon to connect front legs to the back ones (kind of like a T). But otherwise it is a practical bench.

Thanks,

BG
I don't know. I think the front legs add some stiffness to the back rest by preventing it from pivoting.
From the first glance I thought the rest is half-lapped, but now I see your point. Even better - half lap the rest and tenon in the front. Look mom - no screws!!

BG
Yeah, ya could do that. It would be different from the original design. I expect the designer chose this method of construction because it would be relatively fast and forgiving to assemble. Especially since quite a few of these were made for the school in which they were used.
True - it all depends on who, how many and how cheap...

BG