removing kreg screws
This seems like a silly question -- any suggestions on getting kreg screws back out?
(I'd put some in that ended up being too short, and want to replace with new screws, but am having an annoyingly hard time getting them out)

Matthew
If I'm able to disassemble the project, I will apply pressure to the point of the screw with scrap wood while simultaneously unscrewing.

If not, I'll orient the project so gravity is helping and slowly back the screw out while applying sideways pressure to the head. The goal is to cause the screw threads to contact one side of the hole so they assist in the removal.

Or, with the project still oriented for gravity assist, try spinning the screw at high speed both clockwise and counter-clockwise until any remaining wood fibers holding the screw are destroyed, then extract with something magnetic like a screwdriver.

HTH,

Mike
Sometimes holding the long square drive bit at a slight angle can help engage the threads.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.