Blue Spruce chisels
Blue Spruce Toolworks allows the buyer to provide their own wood for handles. I have some stock left from a large afzelia burl slab and needed some chisels for dovetail work.

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Steve

That is some very nice handles for sure. Are the chisels cheap to buy?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Depends on how you define cheap. I paid $330 for those four including shipping. Normally I wouldn't pay that much for chisels (my bench chisels are cheap Marples) but I wanted some specifically for cleaning up hand cut dovetails and my paypal account had lots of money in it.
Outstanding! The well known Blue Spruce high quality chisels and this wonderful handle wood are going together in a perfect way. The tool and the wood deserve each other.

Klaus
Are those infused with resin like their production chisels?
AFAIK, they do stabilize the handles, but don't know if they use the same process as their maple handles. They are paring chisels so they aren't meant to be used with a mallet. I suspect that these burl handles wouldn't stand up to that type of use.
Very nice! I have a pair of cocobolo fishtail chisels from Blue Spruce. Almost too nice to use, but I still pull them out of the box just to look at. Dave Jeske is a true artist with his chisels. Great attention to detail, both on the handles and the machining of the steel.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I too gave into temptation and got the skew chisels in coco bola. Looked so nice I went for the set of butt chisels. They work really well and are beautiful to look at. Just a joy to hold and use.
Victor

"The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
Dave made me a pair of fishtails with Spalted Maple with his infusion process, they are near and dear to me. I had an XYZ fishtail that just never stayed sharp, some kind of junk metal. Never a problem with these 2.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Yep out of my budget. That money would buy 300 pen kits for everyone.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.