Shower can light issue
My friend has a light over their shower. It appears to be a can light since it has the ring, and I can pull it down and see the can. The light has a frosted glass over the bulb area.

The problem is the bulb is burned out and I can't tell how to get to the bulb to replace it. The frosted glass part won't unscrew, and it isn't obvious how to replace it.

I'll try to get a picture, but was hoping someone may know what I'm talking about and give me a clue.
If it's made by HALO, the frosted glass is held in by short pins that protrude from the fixture.

Push the frosted lens up into the fixture about 1/16"

Rotate frosted glass counter-clockwise about 1 inch.

Frosted glass will now drop out of fixture by its own weight.

Instructions above are for fixture that looks like this:

Mike
Most cans you just pull the ring down as it has springs or spring clips that keep it in place. The thing that usually makes the process a bit difficult is paint making the ring part of the ceiling. A sharp knife making the separation tear free is my method
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Could be an LED if relatively new (last 5 years). Those units are rotated counter clockwise (the ring is often integral to the unit) so they can drop down, then undone from the can socket.
I doubt it is an LED, probably ten years old and the bulb is burned out.

I can get the ring down and can see the spring clips. I may have to take it out of the ceiling.

I've tried to push the glass up and turn it both directions but it won't turn.

Has a flat bottom to the frosted white glass, about an inch below the ceiling and I'm still lost.

Will climb up there again this evening and possibly find a solution, worst case I'll grab some pictures and maybe try to get the fixture label or manufacturer.
The ring and glass slides down and you can see inside the fixture, yes?

Pinch those slide wires together and unhook from the can.
-who?
Wow, I took the fixture out and the glass does rotate but man it took all I do muster to get it to turn, About 1/4 turn. It has a regular light bulb in it so it will now be an LED so I hopefully never have to change it again.