HVLP Help
Hi gang. Quick question. I've been interested in being able to spray finishes and figured I would just pick up a Earlex system one of these days when I had the funds. Today, I see John's post in S&S for an Accuspray turbine:
S&S Link

Just wondering from those of you with the smarts....what else would I need to purchase in order to spray? I figured a gun...but not sure what else is needed as the Earlex system is ready to go out of the box.

Secondly...how would this unit (which I assume is of pro-grade) compare to something like the Earlex system.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Kevin
You will need a gun, a filter and probably a bleeder valve.

That turbine was usually setup for the 11 series guns which were bleeder types (air continuously exits the gun even without a trigger pull). To use the "better" series 10 non-bleeder guns and non-bleeders from other manufacturers a pressure relief valve will need to be installed on the turbine. Cost is ~$35-$45 last I looked.
That's actually a pretty good turbine and a very good price. I believe it's a 2 stage which is all you really need unless you intend on production work. I use a 2 stage. I use AccuSpray guns and an AccuSpray turbine and it's 9-1/2 years old, used daily and works like a champ. You can buy the 6" replacement filter from MTD at any place that sells mower air filters.

If you buy This kit on ebay and send it to me, I'll send it back to you complete and ready to use including an 8oz siphon and cup. I have the parts. It's a $300 gun. You pay shipping, USPS flat rate. And it's a bleeder which is preferred by pros so you won't need a relieve valve. The hose alone is about 70 bucks.

If you were to buy a comparable turbine, hose and a complete AccuSpray series 10 gun like the one I listed, it would run you between 700 and 800 bucks. That gun is the best Turbine gun made as far as I'm concerned. They're indestructible and shoot very well.
Pretty sure it's a 3 stage, mine is and it appears identical.
The 2 stage from that era were funny looking. Kind of angled top if I recall, not as square...
Mine is 25 odd years going strong. Not used daily anymore but it saw a lot of use for many years.
Agree on the 10 series guns.
Yep, you're right. My 2 stage has the angled top. Good chance it's a three stage.

I keep trying different guns and I keep going back to the old Series 10 accuspray. It's the only gun on the market that can be opened and cleaned. Way ahead of it's time and sprays as well if not better than any.
Here's your gun. This is what I love about Accu Spray Series 10 guns, you can open them up and clean and rebuild them throughout. Lots of salvaged parts here.

Ready to go. All new gaskets and O-rings.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Too awesome! Can't thank you enough Snipe!