Slide Out Pantry Design
So I'm going to build a slide out kitchen pantry similar to this one...

I'm committed to the hardware, already purchased from Rockler and the cabinet is already installed. I think I've got the basic idea of how to build the box/ shelves, but wanted to seek input from anyone who has built or used something like this in their kitchen. Are there any critical dimensions I need to keep in mind or any cool features that I need to consider adding? My plan for now is to build it as large as the cabinet will hold, with some taller shelves on the bottom and smaller shelves on the top. Access will be from either side like in the above picture.
I would make as many shelves adjustable as possible.

drill a hole in each shelf, so when the invariable spill happens you can sweep the contents to the hole and catch it below.

make it support twice as much as you think. Least around my place cabinet storage always gets packed with stuff.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

meackerman said:

I would make as many shelves adjustable as possible.

drill a hole in each shelf, so when the invariable spill happens you can sweep the contents to the hole and catch it below.

make it support twice as much as you think. Least around my place cabinet storage always gets packed with stuff.

As above - bottles in particular are very variable in height and you need some flexibility in shelf height to make best use of the space.

Subdivide the shelves to create smaller pockets so that bottles and taller packets dont fall over when you open or close sharply.

I use metal grids for the shelf bottoms to prevent spills building up - just remove the whole thing once in a while to clean up at the bottom of the cabinet.
Cheers

Chataigner in PĂ©rigord-Limousin National Park
www.rue-darnet.fr