Tool ID needed
Power tool?? Hand tool?? I have no clue. About 5" long

If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Its a self feeding bit for a press with a specific chuck
My guess - power DP. Probably one that has multiple bits. Instead of a chuck they would be screwed in. Would make it so you could put lots of bits in and changed when necessary. This is purely a guess.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
For it to need to lock tight enough it needs you to wrench it on?? I would compare the twist of the bit to an ordinary bit. Is this thing bass ackwards. Not sure what the need would be though?

Definitely more work than a bit and a chuck. With that leading screw tip you would think wood. Some really hard wood?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Interesting. I have lots of bits like that but much smaller for my 90* aircraft drill. Never seen anything of that style that big or with an auger bit.
7/16-14 thread?

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1102/1585.pdf
Cool tool
You win
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Keith, You nailed it. Very interesting. I was surprised to see a price list from the 1980's. The rest of the brochure looks like the 1880's.

Doug
Thanks all. The self feeding tip throws me off tho
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning