Front Porch Painted
Some here were so kind to offer some guidance in choosing colors, so I thought I would share this.
A friend of ours showed us some color schemes on our porch using some app she had. It really helped us to choose a final color.
We wanted something different and we're happy with the result.
The spindles still need a second coat, but hard to tell that from this picture.

Shutters etc are next. Does it ever end? (Don't answer that!)
Anyway, thanks to all for your input.

That bright blue color will also make it easier for people to find your house, as it is somewhat out of the ordinary. Much better than the neighborhoods where all the houses look alike!

Dave
Blue would not have been my first choice but it looks fine. I would rather that the shutters color-coordinate better and that looks like a quick job that you might consider.

And some blue bushes for landscaping

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+shr...AIVSfM-Ch2IRALq
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yes shutters are next. I already painted the front door. It all looks great together, but I probably could have gone a little more gray on that dark blue.
Blue shrubs? Nah, I don't want a Smurfville
looking good and out of the ordinary is what we wanted.
It almost looks like a lot in the picture, but not so in person.
it's amazing how good the house looks when driving down the street.
it's like ... blah, blah, blah, BOOM, blah, blah ...
and I'm not finished with everything yet either
OK Blue. Now grey on the deck and stair tread surfaces to tie it in with the stone under the window. $0.02 please

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Well, the decking is already a redwood tone composite, but otherwise, yes, my plan is gray on the skirting - I'll be making a faux stone.
Thanks!
there's grey and then grey with a tint of blue available. I would go with the grey with a tint of blue. It is supposed to look better, less institutional then just plain grey. Softens I think I read.

my garage is gray with royal blue door
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
I do like the gray-blue myself. The blue on the post has some gray in it, I think (not sure the exact formula, but obviously more blue than gray).
Our LR has a blue-gray - very light. It looks great too. Gives the room some character and, to our pleasant surprise, some visual depth too.

I'll let the paint store and SWMBO determine the gray lol.
We'll be attempting to match the stone on the house as best as possible with faux stone that I will make.
DogwoodTales said:

Some here were so kind to offer some guidance in choosing colors, so I thought I would share this.
A friend of ours showed us some color schemes on our porch using some app she had. It really helped us to choose a final color.
We wanted something different and we're happy with the result.
The spindles still need a second coat, but hard to tell that from this picture.

Shutters etc are next. Does it ever end? (Don't answer that!)
Anyway, thanks to all for your input.

I am glad you are happy. It seemed like a good one of the two of us is colorblind.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis