Looking for a higher flow kitchen faucet
All these nanny state low flow faucets won't start my on demand water heater.
Anyone know of a higher flow rate faucet I can get?
VH07V  
Something sounds adrift there. Measure the actual flow from the faucet and check that against the heater's specs. Any chance you could just open the holes in the aerater screens a bit?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

You could always use a recirc pump with a switch but I don't think the faucet is a problem. Check the supply valve if 3/8s maybe a change to 1/2 but I can't imagine valve size is the problem but a partially shut valve could be and as mentioned a clogged aerator
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I did a test to prove that it was the faucet. I just unscrewed the spray (this is one of those that has the integral pull out sprayer), and everything worked fine. The spray has the restrictor in it and it can't be just drilled out or modified. It also was fine using my old faucet. Unfortunately, it was falling apart and I have to replace it.
VH07V  
What flow rate does your WH actually trigger at ? What is it supposed to trigger at? Scenario - should trigger at 1 gpm, actually triggers at 2 gpm, old faucet flowed 3 gpm, new faucet flows 1.5 gpm. It's not a faucet problem.
Blackhat

I would agree it is not the faucet
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

No argument from me on that score but it still should trigger the WH.
Blackhat

Wow, $550!
Looks nice.

So is this a new law that ALL faucets are like this?
Aren't you going to use the same amount of water, just taking longer to get it?

ETA:
I went to a plumbing supply house (Ferguson) and we were able to find a 1.8gpm faucet. Installed that and is working fine.
VH07V  
is low flow nationwide or can you still get decent faucets in places like Minnesota and other places with an abundance of water? For my shower I picked up a clearance Chicago Faucet model with nothing low flow about it.

Phil Thien

I understand your pain. We often start the powder room faucet to increase the flow and start the hot water heater. It is a pain to not have hot water at the kitchen sink.