Hawk Scroll Saw
Has anyone had any experience with the service at the Hawk company? I bought a 26 in Hawk Scroll Saw back about 2004. It has run about a total of 30 minutes in all these years. Yes, I was a tool junkie. Now I am retired and went to use the saw and the motor would not run, it only clicks. I called the company in Bushton, KS and they said to send them the motor to check it. I sent it UPS on Sep 8 and they received it on sep 10. I called them on sep 15 and was told my motor was in the truck of one of the owners, but everyone was attending the Kansas State Fair and no work was being done. Still haven't heard from them and when I call all I get is a busy signal. I am very disappointed with their service or lack of service.
I have no personal experience with Hawk, but you may get some feedback from the folks in this forum;

scrollsawer forum
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I finally got through on the phone but still getting a runaround. Seems like nobody knows what goes on there
I've only dealt with them once when I needed a couple of parts, and all went well. I hope things work out for you.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ive only dealt with them via email, and they have been VERY prompt and helpful.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

The KS State Fair just ended Sunday. If RBI had a booth there, I'm sure they've been very busy, as it is a small company. That being said, I bought a used 20" Hawk about three years ago, had a few issues, and found the company to be very responsive and helpful. I hope you get some satisfaction soon.
you are just in to big of a hurray.. you have waited 11yrs and now want it fixed asap.. Bushton is a town or burg of around 300 people out in the middle of no where. big ag country and when the ks state fair is running I think the place and many others shut down. they told you the owner had it, they told you they were shut down for the 10days or so of fair. You still want it now and think service is terrible cause they are not jumping through your hoops. most folks I know swear by the service they get from the farmers/ small town business, but at certain times of year things may move a little slow. You city fudge think this is slow you are lucky you didn't catch them at harvest. If you get to upset I can make the hour or so drive to bushton and check up on them for you. Give them a few days, things do move at a slower pace I bet they will take care of things. If not we can set up the details later an I will go see what is going on. I think the fair just ended last Sunday. Yes the state fair is that big a deal.
If I offended anyone with my comments, I apologize. I was under the impression that they were a large company. Being a small, local company, I can understand the situation. Hopefully I will have my motor repaired and back in my shop soon.
Since the time you bought your Hawk the company has changed hands at least one time-it may have been financial problems. It is lucky that someone picked it up and you can get spare parts.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)