Minimum glue up time before sanding
What's the minimum time from glue up to sanding/staining you've done with success? Made a boneheaded move and cut a glue up for a bench seat too short and had to make another. Was planning to stain all pieces today
maybe 12 hours

but most of my projects tend to sit a lot longer than that between steps - a product of family life
May depend on the type of adhesive used, but this is a cut & paste directly from the Titebond FAQ page;

<snip>

"What is the clamping and drying time of Titebond Wood Glues?

For most of our wood glues, we recommend clamping an unstressed joint for thirty minutes to an hour. Stressed joints need to be clamped for 24 hours. We recommend not stressing the new joint for at least 24 hours. For Titebond Polyurethane Glue, we recommend clamping for at least forty-five minutes. The glue is completely cured within 6 hours." <snip>
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Used titebond 1. Sanding I'm assuming is considered stressing the joint....

another issue with glueups is the wood can absorb some moisture from the glue. If you sand too soon then the wood might have swelled, gets sanded smooth, then gives up that moisture and you end up with a low spot. I've had it happen where I used biscuits in the joint and ended up with little football shaped low spots along the joint....don't usually use biscuits anymore.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

msajeep said:

Used titebond 1. Sanding I'm assuming is considered stressing the joint....

sanding is not stressing a joint.

I have glued panels that splintered during raised panel shaping and ran them back through the shaper after an hour.

I would consider that stressing the joint but never had one fail yet.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

From glue up to sanding 30 minutes. More or less depending on conditions. Often in the summer 20 minutes is enough. I have stained within 6 hours and been fine. Haven't tried less than that I don't think.
I'll have pieces through the planer in as little as an hour but again that depends on weather and what the joint is.
Just throwing this in, because I didn't see it noted. Most of the US is having daytime temps in the ok to glue range, but after dark in late September I imagine some Northern addresses are getting below the normal glue use ranges. That will extend dry times, sometimes considerably. As we move closer to colder months, that always is a consideration unless you are climate controlled.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
We routinely glue panels for doors and run them through the planer about 2 hours later, then sand and shape the raised panel edge and finish sand after that. Regular titebond glue is what we use.
I have too much experience with the problems caused by inadequate glue time to say anything other than . . . a minimum of twelve hours and preferably longer. As Meackerman said, that moisture from the glue must have time to disperse, evaporate and prevent sinking of the glue line due to premature planing. So much factory gluing is cured via high frequency these days and I do not have experience with these.