Hoosier cabinet rebuild
What I'm really looking for is someone who knows someone who rebuilds old Hoosier cabinets and has a pile of old original hinges laying around and is willing to sell them. I have a Sellers cabinet that needs door hinges. Not the new ones, been there, done that they don't work.
Hoping someone on Woodnet can help me out. Thanks.
I will keep you in mind. I go to lots of antique stores while traveling in - of all places - Indiana - The Hoosier state.

What parts are you looking for in particular?
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Hinges for the top two doors and the large bottom door.

I'll try to post a photo of what I want, thanks.
Hoosier cabinet hardware is pretty vague. You may want to post a pic of exactly what you want. You do know that a lot of companies can make hinges that will look just like many of those shown in the pics in my link. To antique a modern hardware piece is easy to do. Only you would know.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The company you need to contact is Kennedy Hardware, in Zionsville Indiana, which is on the northwest side of Indianapolis. They have parts for just about everything to do with Hoosier cabinets. I inherited my grandparents cabinet and I was able to get the door charts and label for my cabinet, which matched the original parts.

Their web site is:
http://www.kennedyhardware.com/hoosier-cabinet_parts/
Brian
Shop power by Powermatic, Shopsmith, Delta & Bosch.
before he edited his post I believe he said he had tried kennedy hardware and did not like their stuff. I have used kennedy many times and for the most part for reproduction stuff they are pretty good. not cheap then unless very lucky you are not going to find original hardware for less if not triple the price. I know I would not sell any original hardware for less. then the different brands of cabinets used different hardware. what may work for a Sellers brand may not work for a Hoosier brand.
you can try VanDykes. http://www.vandykes.com/gateway.aspx?c=393 but they are expensive and I do not use them anymore unless I have to since I found kennedy, plus vandykes always just ticked me off. here is a place I found via bing. house of antique hardware http://search.houseofantiquehardware.com..._page-36--sc-15 they at least from a quick look have the Sellers branded latches.
The original hinges on my Hoosier are fairly simple 3/8" offset hinges, and would be easy to duplicate from a larger hinge. They are similar to the hinges on the cabinet shown in the link below, but have three scallops on the edge of each leaf instead of two. If a Sellers is a top-of-the-line Hoosier, mine probably is some other brand.

https://persnicketyprimitives.files.word...et-003.jpg
I have restored or refinished several hoosier cabinets. Kennedy is my first choice for replacement hardware. If you're not in a big hurry there is a guy who displays at the Springfield OH EXTRAVAGANZA and his specialty is hardware. He has thousands of pieces he brings to the show and thousands more in storage. Unfortunately the fall show was last weekend and the next show isn't until spring. Other than that I would check out some antique malls if you have any in your area, nearly all of them have a repair area somewhere in their space. Again, if you're not to far from Springfield there are at least three large antique malls there.
Steve K

Steve K said:

I have restored or refinished several hoosier cabinets. Kennedy is my first choice for replacement hardware. If you're not in a big hurry there is a guy who displays at the Springfield OH EXTRAVAGANZA and his specialty is hardware. He has thousands of pieces he brings to the show and thousands more in storage. Unfortunately the fall show was last weekend and the next show isn't until spring. Other than that I would check out some antique malls if you have any in your area, nearly all of them have a repair area somewhere in their space. Again, if you're not to far from Springfield there are at least three large antique malls there.

Is he still going? I haven't been to Extravaganza for several years, but I always dropped by his area to check him out, among many others, that is a fun time. If it's the guy I'm thinking of he's getting to be an old goat, he was there maybe 35 years anyhow, and he wasn't a spring chicken first I saw him.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

[blockquote]Steve K said:

Is he still going? I haven't been to Extravaganza for several years, but I always dropped by his area to check him out, among many others, that is a fun time. If it's the guy I'm thinking of he's getting to be an old goat, he was there maybe 35 years anyhow, and he wasn't a spring chicken first I saw him.

[/blockquote]

Actually, I didn't see the person I'm talking about at the fall show. That doesn't really mean anything as the show is so big it would be easy to miss a particular vendor. Also, I know there was a vendor there I was looking for and never found him either, he wasn't in his normal spot.
Steve K