Chuck thread size?
(01-27-2020, 06:58 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: They also said they do not make a 3/4 - 10 adapter for it so I'm looking.

Sorry for the confusion.

3/4 X 10 TPI?    There's a different way to skin this cat.   Have you considered a spindle adapter for your 3/4"X10 lathe, i.e. 1" X 8 or 1 1/4" X 8 adapter?  That would let you use a Nova chuck with mating insert.

If you call Kirk Nielsen at Third Devil Tools (904-379-1632), he can fix you up with adapters, chucks, etc.  He specializes in finding solutions to all kind of "adapter" problems, albeit spindles, arbors, etc.

/Emil
"Quality has no regrets" - Bob Brownell

I got my cat skinned and learned something in the process. Victor at Best Wood Tools says that the insert-style Super Nova 2 chuck really has a 38 mm diameter by 3.0 mm pitch thread in spite of the fact that Nova tells people (including me a few weeks ago) that it has a 1-1/2" diameter - 8 tpi. This came out while discussing a SN2 to One Way live center adapter. He guaranteed his 38 mm adapter would fit so I bought it. It showed up today and it does fit so Victor was right.

In case you need one, his part number is OLCA M38 x 3 to 3/4 x 10. I want to mount a chuck with Cole jaws to the tailstock so I can glue segmented rings together very concentrically.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(01-27-2020, 11:43 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote:   With great hope, I scrolled down the thread and found not an answer but a reasonable way to find it, followed by a smart-aleck response.

Imagine that. On WN??
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Looks like you got it covered on your adaptor
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020