WoodNetter Meat Up!!

MEAT, as in BBQ pork.

Jonathan from the great white north (AK Woodworker), he of the great Foley and ACME suckage of 2014 (?) is here in Kansas City for WIA and a chair making class at our very own and incredible KC Woodworkers Guild.

I was able to drag him out using some of the famous local BBQ as a lure and spend a few hours in most excellent conversation with him and fellow WNer Rob Young. We shanghaied Jonathan and fed him some smoked and sliced pork sammiches from World Famous Arthur Bryants.

A good time was had by all, I only wish I could have made it a couple more nights out with him and show him the local sights. Maybe next time. Unfortunately, I am off to St Louis (missing WIA here in my backyard! Grrrrr...) to cheer on my soccer-star son, AJSoccerFreak, who is playing an MRL weekend.

Shout out to Jonathan for allowing us to spend some time talking and sharing pig parts in sauce. Nice guy!! I knew that already, of course, since I've been lucky enough to get outstanding deals from him on a beastly cast iron ACME vise, and many other goodies.

Obligatory pic:

Jonathan is the younger, better looking one, in case you haven't seen him before. on the LEFT!

:
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Thanks for dinner Greg. It was a real treat hanging out with you and Rob. That was definitely the biggest bbq pork sandwich I've ever had. Delicious too. Always fun to meet other woodnetters. Safe travels to St. Louis. Salmon dinner is on me if you ever make it to Alaska.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
WIA has enabled a lot of WoodNetters to meet up through the years. Glad you guys got to break bread together. I hear the BBQ out there is fair to ok
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Bodies of steel!

Keeping up the tradition of the bonds of WoodNetters! It's good to see friendships being forged. I'm not able to go this year (knee replacement, and now very busy at work), but hope to go next year. Great pic.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You must be referring to the items in those boxes behind us...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com

Yeah, that's it.
I'm sorry to have missed the Woodnet "Meat-up", but did get to hang with my new buds Roy and Chris at WIA today. It really was a special treat to be there!
Working to earn my Masters of Doing Nothing!
TobyC said:

Bodies of steel!

In all fairness, this pic was AFTER we gorged ourselves on some fine KC BBQ hawg. That'll put a little paunch on any man.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I always pictured you over 60 with all the tools you have.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.