Rocking horse plans needed
This is the rocking horse I want to build, but links to the plans at Woodcraft are dead ends now.

I could attempt to reverse engineer it, but on the off-chance that someone has these plans and are willing to sell them, I thought I'd put this out there. I like the graceful look of it (it's for a girl), and would really like to get as close as I can in both design and color choices.

Anyone happen to have this? Or know of a source?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
It was published in Wood magazine (Nov. 1995), and I have the issue (I'd have to find it). Be more than glad to mail it you, as long as you send it back once your done. I think they called it "Playroom Palomino".

Edit, I found the issue, and here's why I remember it:
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Wow. That's it!

http://www.woodstore.net/plans/toys/2870...rking-Plan.html

I don't know what a 'large format plan' is, though. Does that mean full-sized? Is the magazine version the same?

But either way, plans will save a bunch of time for me.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
As I understand it, the plans you buy are more like a C sized print (s), but I've never bought them. Postage to return my mag would be a hell of a lot cheaper, that's for sure. My magazine still has the patterns for the legs and whatnot.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice work!

And PM sent. Thanks!
Tom

TDKPE said:

I like the graceful look of it (it's for a girl), and would really like to get as close as I can in both design and color choices.

And here's the girl! Finally. A couple of weeks overdue, and weighing 9 lb 4 oz. Mom is doing great.

OK, so she's a little young yet for a rocking horse, but I'm planning ahead. Now that I'm a grandpa for the first time, I'm feeling like I need to start making things for small children.
Tom

Wow tom that's one cute little sweetie
congratulations grandpa
if for some reason Fred can not get the magazine to you I pretty sure I have that one also and it is available to you for use
like Fred I just ask you to return itSam
Thanks for the offer (and for the compliment ), but another member emailed the plans, and a local member has offered templates, so I think I'm set.
Tom

FWIW if the plans aren't to the scale you desire, all you need to know are the outside dimensions, and Kinko's can take care of making it so, well that and a few bucs
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I made two of these about 20 years ago for granddaughters. If I were to make more I would change the arc of the rockers. As made, they are fairly "aggressive" I would make the arc radius larger to make the "rock" more gentle.