Parts for Freud FJ85 jigsaw?
I found out that the Freud FJ85 jigsaw that belonged to the woodshop at the program for mentally-handicapped people had a gear broke off the motor shaft. I tried to search the Internet for stores that sell parts for power tools but I can't find any stores that sell parts for Freud FJ85 jigsaw. I think that Freud stopped making power tools a long time ago because Freud sells saw blades and router bits only. Any suggestions?
It's a long shot, but call Bosch (630-705-7810). Apparently, when they bought the Freud bit/blade business part of the deal was to provide Freud power tool parts in the US. That's how I got some parts for my Freud 1700 router.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I don't know that it'd be economical but Freud parts can be purchased - in Europe. I have a Freud router and was just checking on parts for future reference. I did find parts in the UK, didn't look at shipping.
Jeff, did you come up with a source?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
They need a new jigsaw? Ill donate $20.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

BloomingtonMike said:

They need a new jigsaw? Ill donate $20.

I was thinking something along those lines, that's why I asked.
Send it to the Christmas list boys

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.