Bandsaw Speed
My 16" bandsaw runs at a blade speed of about 1800 fpm. Always seems fine but just wondering if there are times to run it slower.
Does your bandsaw have two speeds or variable speed?If you cut metal then a slower speed is a good thing to have. If you only use the saw for wood , then I would leave well enough alone.
mike
Typical speeds for wood are 3000 fpm or more. Are you sure you don't have a two step pulley on the motor or lower wheel? For metal, typical speeds are really low, maybe 50 - 100 fpm.

John
Ok, it's on low speed now. Looks like it can go about 2500 and 3200. I'm never in a hurry so it seems fine. The motor is 1.5 hp. I never load up the motor so that's ok now but if I want to resaw faster that could enter the equation. Maybe I'll try the higher speeds to see how I like it.
As long as there are no harmonics, I think you'll find it cuts smoother and faster at higher speed.

John