New, leaking dishwasher
Bought a new Maytag dishwasher 2 weeks ago. Got around to installing today. It's leaking. Not from the drain tubes or water inlet, but from the float valve thingie at the bottom of the washer.
I googled and read that those gaskets can leak or go bad after a while. But this is new.
[Image: 19883933659_baf12312a0_z.jpg]
Take it back. No reason you should have to accept a defective unit.

John
I got it at home depot. They claim they can only help withing 48 hours of delivery. They say I have to call the manufacturer.
[Image: 19883933659_baf12312a0_z.jpg]
First, I'd try raising the front end with the leveling feet at the front. I've had DW's leak past the door seal if they weren't leveled---worth a try.
Dave

So, have you contacted the manufacturer?
Ricky said:

I got it at home depot. They claim they can only help withing 48 hours of delivery. They say I have to call the manufacturer.

I can understand that for a unit that's been put into service, but when there's a problem before the product has even been used that policy stinks. I'd ask to speak with the manager and see if you can get some satisfaction.

John
Perhaps it is overfilling?
Check the float, that it moves easily and isn't blocked by any debris or packing material.
A lot of foam in the washer will cause it to leak too. Use less soap and use no detergent that foams.
jteneyck said:

[blockquote]Ricky said:

I can understand that for a unit that's been put into service, but when there's a problem before the product has even been used that policy stinks. I'd ask to speak with the manager and see if you can get some satisfaction.

John

[/blockquote]

I think you might push a bit... but the bottom line is that HD can tell you to pound sand. And probably will.
Pack it up and take it back to HD. Ask to see the manager. Tell him you refuse to accept a defective product. Stand your ground and they will take it back.

Twinn
Will post for food.
Ricky said:

Bought a new Maytag dishwasher 2 weeks ago. Got around to installing today. It's leaking. Not from the drain tubes or water inlet, but from the float valve thingie at the bottom of the washer.
I googled and read that those gaskets can leak or go bad after a while. But this is new.

Had that happen to me as well. The water pump was broken right out of the box. I called for factory service, a tech came out and replaced the broken parts, done and no big deal. Beat having to remove it and install another one.