"too much wood"
Somebody used this phrase with me recently. What do you think he meant?

"More than I can use" I understand, but "too much wood" sounds so different it must mean something else…

Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
To me that would be more than I could store.

But then Id just hurry up and make more....then that problem would be cleared up.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

TomFromStLouis said:

Somebody used this phrase with me recently. What do you think he meant?

"More than I can use" I understand, but "too much wood" sounds so different it must mean something else…

Why not ask the person who said it ... then let us know.
See ya later,
Bill
Probably synonymous.
Don't overthink it.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
It means "not enough tools to process this wood" possibly in conjunction with "too many interruptions when working this wood"
Everyone has a wood stash.

"Too much wood" is the wood you have left over when you die.

That wood is usually transferred to someone else's wood stash, so they can have "too much wood" when they die.

While our wives would prefer we have "just enough wood", most woodworkers know you can never have "too much wood".

In the south it is hard to get nice cherry, so I probably have "too much wood".

If I lived within 50 miles of say, Hearne Hardwoods or Groff and Groff, I would probably just buy enough wood for each project as I built it.

I subscribe to the theory that you can never have too much wood.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
My wife keeps telling me that too. I'm not sure what she means either. I have leaned not to ask.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
There are all sorts of U Store It places around, so you cannot run out of storage for wood.
My wife's definition of to much wood is she can't park in a 3 car garage, 2 bays are wood piles, to me it means I need a 4 car garage.
It means the person that said it is not a woodworker.