Festool on the Christmas list, which drill "system" to buy
(09-29-2015, 03:12 PM)barnowl Wrote:
regdor1999 said:

I have no Festool tools (but I have a DeWalt track saw... Love it), but I think the drills are the least compelling item to buy Festool if you wanted to spend more than you need to for tools.  ....

+1 
Big Grin

Sorry for messin with your post Barn, devil made me do it. Not being a green
Cool aid drinking kinda guy, it's easy.  
Big Grin

For the kind of $$$$$ if you are ever going to use it, you can find much better equipment for less money. Look at the newer super lithium battery drills. All of the drills below have at least a 4.0 amp.hour battery, or 2. 

Bosch 18V Brute Tough

DeWalt 20V MAX XR Lithium Ion Brushless

Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless

Milwaukee M18 FUEL has a 5.0 Amp hour pair of batteries  

regdor1999 said:

I have no Festool tools (but I have a DeWalt track saw... Love it), but I think the drills are the least compelling item to buy Festool if you wanted to spend more than you need to for tools.  ....

+1 
Big Grin

Sorry for messin with your post Barn, devil made me do it. Not being a green
Cool  aid drinking kinda guy, it's easy.  
Big Grin

For the kind of $$$$$ if you are ever going to use it, you can find much better equipment for less money. Look at the newer super lithium battery drills. All of the drills below have at least a 4.0 amp.hour battery, or 2. 

Bosch 18V Brute Tough

DeWalt 20V MAX XR Lithium Ion Brushless

Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless

Milwaukee M18 FUEL has a 5.0 Amp hour pair of batteries  
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I've previously owned Royobi, Skill, Dewalt, Makita, and Metabo cordless drills.
1 1/2 years ago, I bought my last one.
Bought a Ridgid 12 volt drill and impact kit, with  2 ah , and 4 ah batteries.
For $99 you get a drill, impact, and 2 batteries, all with lifetime replacements.
Besides the price and free replacements for life, I really like the drill and impact.
I little heavier than other compact 12 volt drills, but has a nice feel.
The impact drives 3/8 lags just fine.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Centronic nut drivers out there guys?
regdor1999 said:

I have several Festool tools (including the corded TS55 track saw... Love it), but I think the drills are the least compelling item to buy Festool.  ....

+1

+1 as well.

I love my Hitachi 10V li-ion drill and impact driver. They are light and easy to use. I have a 18V when extra power is needed, but I rarely use it.

As to the Festool Drills, I see zero reason to buy into them. I have the TS55, several sanders, Domino, and a dust extractor. But I don't think I will ever own one of their drills.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent