Festool on the Christmas list, which drill "system" to buy
regdor1999 said:

I have several Festool tools (including the corded TS55 track saw... Love it), but I think the drills are the least compelling item to buy Festool. ....

I agree with this.

I have a CXS drill, but only because of the handle grip....I use it to screw the bases of my urns in. When you do 40-50 at a time, a standard style drill gets heavy and ergonomically awkward.

Other than that, I think the standard bunch make good value in drills.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Have lots of Festool stuff but NO cordless. I don't feel the diversity is there (and never will be) to invest in them. So much more available from other companies, that it's not even worth thinking about.

I'm vested in the DeWalt 20v max line, my most used tools ( not a pro) are the spotlight and blower.......

Very shortly I'll be investing in Ryobi, never thought I would say that but the cordless sprayer and inflator will make my life a little easier......

Ed
Ed, let us know what you think of the sprayer, saw that as a hmmm..

Also like their cordless nailers that my aluminum fascia installer was using, and the new garage door opener was interesting with battery backup.
arw01 said:

Ed, let us know what you think of the sprayer, saw that as a hmmm..

Also like their cordless nailers that my aluminum fascia installer was using, and the new garage door opener was interesting with battery backup.

Your trying to make me spend money.....you related to loml?

Ed
Nope, just pointing out that a new battery system HAS to have more than just one tool.. It's like potato chips, you cannot just have one odd tool that uses totally different stuff...
arw01 said:

I ended up with the TX 15 drill style to hold the centronic chuck.

First time I used it was an occassion to use the off center chuck. It's my goto drill immediately after using it, the clutching being on the back, the no click click click is great, the led on the battery to tell me level.

By far my favorite. now if they come out with an impact drill again, that might be a toughy as I really do love the little dewalt that uses the same batteries as my other Dewalt.

Congrats on the drill. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I really like my C15 and CXS. I'm a kool aid drinker and got the centrotec set but if you don't want to make that investment you can modify regular bits to fit in to the centrotec chuck. Paul Marcel made a video on it. Alternatively Snappy also makes centrotec bits which are cheaper than Festool but still more expensive than regular bits. They do come up on ebay occasionally and woodcraft does have a sale on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVeBTaAq44
I bought the C12 "package" (with the right angle chuck, 2 batteries, charger and sustainer case) in 2006 and it has been an outstanding tool.

I finally replaced one battery about a year ago.

They are GREAT tools/drills, but they are expensive.
Whether are worth the money is a personal thing.

If mine were stolen or finally goes out I would probably buy another Festool drill (but I would look at competitors before making a final decision).

Cheers . . .

Billbo
Which drill do I reach for 99% of the time in the shop and around the house? And it has been working hard for at least 2 1/2 years now?

(My 18v drill sits in the corner most of the time now).

Which do I use on the truck and it fits in the tool bag? 4 years running now?

Yeah, I'm surprised too. Both are 12 volt and do what I ask. ( M12).
Billbo said:

I bought the C12 "package" (with the right angle chuck, 2 batteries, charger and sustainer case) in 2006 and it has been an outstanding tool.

I finally replaced one battery about a year ago.

They are GREAT tools/drills, but they are expensive.
Whether are worth the money is a personal thing.

Billbo

Same experience
I did get the installers kit when I bought the dill as well, although I think it could use a few more pieces for the money, I do love just packing that along with the drill systainer on the top of the stack and knowing I pretty much have everything I want or need.

Does someone have Centronic nut drivers, that is one item I could use a few times now.

I also love how slow this drill will go, works for electrical boxes well.