Cabinet for cast iron undercount sink
Making some kitchen cabinets and will be using an undercount cast iron sink. I've built a couple of cabinets in the past but have only used over mount ss sinks. Are there any considerations I need for the cabinet? Does it need extra support? If so, where? Also the lip is much thicker than a ss sink so Im guessing I won't be able to just lay it on on top of the cabinet otherwise it will raise the countertop. Is it as simple as putting a rabbet on the plywood top?
Read the specs for the sink. That should tell you what is required to mount it.
I built one of these for my kitchen last winter. I did buy the sink early to have in house while I built the cabinet. The sink was a heavy Kohler and was supported mostly on the side flanges so I made the cabinet sides 3/4" and extended them all the way to the floor for good bearing. I also added glued on cleats at the top to increase the bearing width. I then used a second layer of 1/2" outside the 3/4" sides. this layer was taller and was used to attached and support the countertop. The top of this piece ended up about 1/8" above the height of the installed sink. For a back panel, I used a 1/2" plywood to keep the box from racking. There was no carcass front as I used a faceframe. When I finished the cabinet I gave all the bearing surfaces a few coats of poly where the silicone would sit so I would not have to worry so much about future moisture issues.

The sink came with a decent template. I think you can download a PDF of most templates online too.
WoodNET... the new safespace