shopping at home depot smartly
Always seem to have trouble finding stuff at the Home Depot, until I started looking up the items I wanted before I went to the store, and writing down the Aisle and location, as a bonus quantity is also listed.

It is also interesting that each store seems to stock the item in a different location.
I just ask the helpful knowledgeable sales associate........
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Richard D. said:

Often I find that's a figment of the imagination...

Cliff
Cliff
ex-TX, now Maine!
I think helpful employees varies between locations----lately they're tripping all over each other to help me.

Clockman has a great idea----saves a lot of time. Also, checking on line can help find something the store doesn't carry normally----free shipping to the store and pick-up right at the customer service desk.
Dave
If you make your list on a tablet it will save it all and you can go down the list and it shows you where the items are in the store. Depot has free wifi in every store I have been in.

I tend to forget everything I need just as I walk through the door. Every depot is different some are drastically different layouts. One store I go to when I have to is awful. Very poorly arranged to the point where I hate going in the store.
I use my phone in the store. Sometimes I call the store, while in the store, and sometimes I look it up myself. One time I had a quick question. The associate was busy with another customer, making an estimate. It was taking a while. I just stepped into the next aisle and called. He would not recognize me while I stood there, but he would answer the phone!
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Cecil said:

I just stepped into the next aisle and called.

Fantastic!
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Cecil said:

I use my phone in the store. Sometimes I call the store, while in the store, and sometimes I look it up myself. One time I had a quick question. The associate was busy with another customer, making an estimate. It was taking a while. I just stepped into the next aisle and called. He would not recognize me while I stood there, but he would answer the phone!

This is typical all over. Why is the customer on the phone always more important than the customer who made the effort to show up?
See ya later,
Bill
Try that at Menards, that phone will ring, and ring, and ring. Plus at the stores in Ohio the help will stop when you flag them down, they don't know, they go find who does. His growth may seem slow, but they reshape the market when they come in. Even Lowes and Home Depot are better than they had been after a Menards open down the road. They have to be.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Richard D. said:

There is a wheelchair bound associate at our local store that is very knowledgeable and always eager to help. I never hesitate to go to him with a question or inquiry.